CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
My Name is Liz and I am 18 years old. I absolutley love reading books, really anything with romance. If you have any questions about my reviews or anything really, just email me at tapial1993@yahoo.com Thank you!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Swim the Fly by Don Calame

Three adolescent boys with a single goal: see a real live naked girl. The result? Razor-sharp, rapid-fire, and raunchy, of course. And beyond hilarious.



Fifteen-year-old Matt Gratton and his two best friends, Coop and Sean, always set themselves a summertime goal. This year's? To see a real-live naked girl for the first time — quite a challenge, given that none of the guys has the nerve to even ask a girl out on a date. But catching a girl in the buff starts to look easy compared to Matt's other summertime aspiration: to swim the 100-yard butterfly (the hardest stroke known to God or man) as a way to impress Kelly West, the sizzling new star of the swim team. In the spirit of Hollywood’s blockbuster comedies, screenwriter-turned-YA-novelist Don Calame unleashes a true ode to the adolescent male: characters who are side-splittingly funny, sometimes crude, yet always full of heart.


My Thoughts: (Very short thoughts today!)




I honestly didn't think I was going to like this one. It sounded interesting so I got it at the library and I read it the other day when I was at the beach. Once I started I couldn't really stop. It was pretty good. It was actually hilarious. I really laughed out loud quite a few times! I loved the way Don Calame wrote this! It was just so funny!

Spoilers Below!



I loved how Matt wouldn't give up especially when he didn't have to Swim the Fly anymore! And he wouldn't give up on trying to get Kelly. I honestly didn't know what he saw in that girl! I was always a fan of Valerie as soon as she came into the story. Matt and his friends were very funny and the things they did just to see a real live naked girl was so funny and embarrassing!


Spoilers Above!



I really needed a book to make me laugh and this book definitely accomplished that!
So I'm giving this book an...

A
Why you ask?
Because it was hilarious
it was fun to read
and I loved it!

If you've read this PLEASE let me know what you think (About the book)!

2 comments:

M.A.D. said...

Hi Liz :) No, darn it - I haven't read this one yet but it's going on my list right now, because it really DOES sound hysterical! Thanks for the heads up on what looks like a fun book ~

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Now I want to read it! I enjoy YA novels from the adolecent male perspective - probably because I haven't experienced that in my own life.