CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
My Name is Liz and I am 18 years old. I absolutley love reading books, really anything with romance. If you have any questions about my reviews or anything really, just email me at tapial1993@yahoo.com Thank you!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Club Meds By Katherine Hall Page

JACK-IN-THE-BOX
Jack Sutton has been on meds since third grade, when his mother came to his classroom and discovered his teacher had put him in a washing machine box. Jack and his friends refer to the nurse's office, where they line up daily for their medications, as Club Meds. But Club Meds is no vacation spot — it's what enables Jack and Mary, who have ADHD, and Sam, who suffers from epilepsy, to navigate the treacherous waters of Busby Memorial High School. So when major-league bully and Jack's longtime nemesis Chuck forces Jack to turn over his Ritalin, Jack is once again in a box, one that's far more frightening than a discarded packing carton. The kids from Club Meds come to Jack's defense with a plan that's outrageous and dangerous, and a long shot at best. It will test their determination and their courage — and it will change their lives forever.

My Thoughts:

This was a small, fun, fast and easy to read book. It only took me a day, actually less than that. But I still liked it. It wasn't to die for, but its a good read. It wasn't one of those books that you can't put down or your gonna freak but it was very interesting. I really liked to read about Jack and his ADHD problem. It was actually kind of sad. I felt really bad for Jack and his relationship towards his father. And his mother really annoyed me. She got way up in his business! I felt really bad for Joseph. He's not a main character but I think its messed up that kids picked him last (more like second to last because Jack was picked last) because he was in a wheel chair. But he's really good at sports and it really pissed me off that kids do that! Anyways, I'm giving this book a
B+
Why you ask?
Because it was a fast and fun read
It was very well written
And it was a great story

0 comments: