CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
My Name is Liz and I am 18 years old. I absolutley love reading books, really anything with romance. If you have any questions about my reviews or anything really, just email me at tapial1993@yahoo.com Thank you!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blue Is For Nightmares By Laurie Faria Stolartz


"I Know Your Secret . . ."

Stacey's junior year at boarding school isn't easy. She's not the most popular girl at school, or the smartest, or the prettiest. She's got a crush on her best friend's boyfriend, and an even darker secret that threatens to ruin her friendships for good. And now she's having nightmares again. Not just any nightmares – these dreams are too real to ignore, like she did three years ago. The last time she ignored them, a little girl died. This time they're about Drea, her best friend who's become the target of one seriously psycho stalker. It started with weird e-mails and freaky phone calls. Now someones leaving Drea white lilies – the same death lilies that have been showing up in Stacey's dreams. Everybody thinks it's just a twisted game . . . until another girl at school is brutally murdered. There are no witnesses. Worst of all, no one has a perfect alibi. With everyone as a potential suspect, Stacey turns to the one secret weapon she can trust – the folk magic taught to her by her grandmother. Will Stacey's magic be strong enough to expose the true killer, or will the killer make her darkest nightmares come true?

My Thoughts:

I've read this book a couple of years ago and I really liked it. I wanted to read the rest of the series but I never got to it. Then I re-read this book last year and got the rest of the series on my birthday and read them all. I love these kind of books, they are really interesting. It was a good easy to read book and I could not put it down. I HAD to know what was going to happen next. It was just one of those books. I loved reading about her dreams and finding out what happened to the little girl she used to babysit (I didn't like what happened!). I just love mystery AND romance in a book! Now I'm looking forward to reading Black is for Beginnings.

I don't think I could ever be as strong as Stacey If I went threw the same things she did. It would be SO hard to just live knowing what happened to that little girl and that I could have stopped it. And then having these dreams again, I would freak. Its just really sad and thats what makes this book even better. SO many emotions! So I'm giving this book an...

A
Why you ask?
Because it was to good to put down
Because it was fun and easy to read
Plus it was Freakin Amazing!
-Liz

7 comments:

Natascha De Marco said...

This book has that edge-of-your-seat factor we love so much, plus it always keeps you guessing.

I read the second one, but never kept reading the series.

a flight of minds said...

I read this book a couple years ago- it's a really good fast read. I never got around to read any of the others in the series though... Don't know why.

Oh, and awards for you from us, here: http://aflightofminds.blogspot.com/2009/08/very-belated-award-post.html

- Alex

Britt said...

Sounds interesting.... off to add it to my TBR list!

Park Avenue Princess said...

This one sounds PERFECT for me! Thanks for the review Liz! It's definitely going on my wishlist!

xoxo Amy (Park-Avenue Princess)
IAmHiMaintenance@aol(dot)dot

Ashley said...

This is one of my favorite covers. Stolarz is a great writer!

Paradox said...

"Freaking Amazing" I hope so! I really want to read this book!

Unknown said...

I loved her book Project 17. Because of that one, I have been looking at her other works. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.