CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
My Name is Liz and I am 18 years old. I absolutley love reading books, really anything with romance. If you have any questions about my reviews or anything really, just email me at tapial1993@yahoo.com Thank you!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Forbidden Desire By Carolyn Jewel


TORN BETWEEN
Alexandrine Marit is a witch in mortal danger. An evil mage craves the powerful, mysterious talisman that supplies her magic, and the only person who can keep her safe is a dark and dangerous fiend called Xia. With his fierce animosity toward witches, he's hardly the ideal bodyguard. Yet as days turn into nights, she can't deny the white-hot passion between them.

DESIRE AND TEMPTATION
Xia hates witches. They enslave and mercilessly kill his kind. But he's been ordered to protect Alexandrine, who, to his surprise, has a spirit he admires and a body he longs to possess. With the mage and his henchmen closing in, Alexandrine and her protector must trust the passion that can unite them...or risk losing everything to the enemies who can destroy them both.

My Thoughts:

This book was SO intense... and I LOVED it! I won this book in a contest and I entered because it sounded interesting and thought it would be a fun read. It was a great read! I really liked this one. I also entered because the cover is awesome! I didn't know this was a sequel to another book until after I read it but you can't tell when you read it so you won't be confused.
I couldn't decide which one was my favorite character but I think it would have to be Alexandrine because Xia has a really bad attitude and because she never ever gives up and does everything in her will power to protect Xia and herself even if that mean risking her own life.

There are people out to get Alexandrine and she doesn't even know it until her brother (who she thinks is dead) shows up one day to tell Alexandrine that she is in great danger and needs protection. Alexandrine is just really shocked to see her brother alive in front of her and now he's telling her she's in danger? This is way to much to handle for Alexandrine. And to top it all off, her brother sends Xia to protect her who by the way, hates her guts.

Xia doesnt want to protect Alexandrine, he wants to kill her. Witches hunts and kills his kind. He doesn't want to trust her and he really wants nothing to do with her.

Alexandrine and Xia both are really fun characters to read and are both really interesting. I enjoyed reading both of their perspectives. This is one book I really enjoyed and hopefully you enjoy it as much as I did. I would definitely recommend this book to you guys! I'm giving this book an...
A+
Why you ask?
Because it was intense (In a good way)
I could not put it down to save my life
and It's now one of my favorite books

Just because I loved this book so much doesn't mean I will freak out if you tell me other wise. I would LOVE to hear your opinion, trust me I don't bite! :)

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Yum. I just love that cover. :-D

Btw - I have an award for you over on my blog:
http://www.bookworminginthe21stcentury.com/2009/08/more-awards.html